It’s costume time! While there are a lot of costumes being provided there are some people that will have to be creative I’ve included my pinterest board which contains more authentic images. Underneath that are characters who need costumes and some ideas for finding them. I used search terms like victorian girl, civil war ball gown, victorian ball gown, etc.
Female Dancers: You need some sort of puffy dress. Try ebay or thrift stores for a floor length ball gown. I searched ebay for 80s prom dresses and found some good options.
- Such as this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-80s-Prom-Homecoming-Dress-Ball-Gown-Floor-Length-Midnight-Blue-Sz-2-Sm-/232106749622?hash=item360aa3eeb6:g:H3IAAOSwpLNX98sP
- Or this without the apron http://www.ebay.com/itm/Girls-Georgian-or-Victorian-Costume-Halloween-Nutcracker-Theater-Size-10-12-/162231227986?hash=item25c5bc1652:g:01YAAOSwCGVX99Jm
Little Girls: Try to find some sort of old fashioned looking dress. If it has a full, bell shaped skirt all the better.
- Something like this (more expensive) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Civil-War-Victorian-Girls-Dress-NEW-size-6-Blue-1-/301912418421?hash=item464b61e875:g:Jt0AAOSwzvlW-du3
- Or this without the bonnet http://www.ebay.com/itm/Girls-Victorian-School-Girl-Costume-Hat-Book-Week-Fancy-Dress-Outfit-/311703702869?var=&hash=item4892fd0d55:m:morOui6c_bl8HYRsgh-bF1Q
Shoes should be black.
- Children wear mary jane type shoes, no heal
- Women wear character shoes
- Men wear dress shoes (oxfords and loafers)
Children hair should be ringlets or braids.
Women’s hair should be up. There are examples on the pinterest board. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
The cast list will be posted tomorrow in the LC at Jr. High lunch. I will also update this blog post at that time. Thank you for your wonderful auditions. You were all truly great! If you didn’t get what you wanted this time, there is always next time!!!!! Keep trying, keep loving theatre no matter what.
Our first rehearsal is tomorrow. I will update the calendar asap with the rehearsal schedule.
Mrs. Tomlinson – Chloe Gilb
Josephine March – Sophia Dozois
The Years 1863 to 1868
The March Family…
Mr. March – Cordell Johnson
Marmee – Giuliana Casciani
Meg – Sarah McGrory
Jo – Corinne Gray
Beth – Claire Valdez
Amy – Emma Gunn
Hannah – Daniela Salazar
Aunt March – Lindsey Michelena
Mr. Laurence – Lily Frias
Theodore Laurence – Dominic Domenghini
John Brooke – Christopher Tom
Also in Town…
Mrs. Moffett – Shaylin Jani
Clara – Talia Luna
Jenny – Sarah Valenzuela
Mary – Jessie Morales
Sarah – Ella Arroyo
Katy – Alexis Perez
Party Guests: Julian Corral
Audrey von Wolffradt
In New York City…
Mrs. Kirke – Maria Yniguez
Kitty – Ivana Salazar
Minnie – Isabella Conde
Professor Friedrich Bhaer – Matteo Alfonso
Hi Everyone. Great job at auditions today. I know you are all anxious about tomorrow and call backs. I’ve decided to call everyone. After dismissal we will again go down to the LC. I will give you a script and a group. You will have about 20 minutes to work on the scene with your group and then we will perform them for everyone.
See you tomorrow!
Auditions will start tomorrow right after dismissal. Please do not go down to the LC until dismissal is over. You will audition in the follow order. Come into the room, say your name, any roles you want to be considered for and the monologue you chose. Remember if you are doing the sisters monologue you should read all 4 sisters parts in character. Break a leg!
|Audrey von Wolffradt
Hi all! Thank you for attending the meeting yesterday. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. I realize there were some link issues. They should now be fixed.
Please keep in mind:
- Students have until Monday at 5pm to sign up to audition. Anyone not signed by 5pm will not be allowed to audition.
- The audition order will be posted on the blog soon after 5pm on Monday.
- Auditions are Tuesday. We will start after dismissal. As soon as your audition is done you may go home with a parent or guardian.
- If you do not have the contract signed at your audition you will not be considered for a role.
- You do not have to memorize your monologues but you may memorize them. Either way it is a good idea to be very familiar with the monologues.
- Call back will be Wednesday. The list will go up on her sometime Tuesday night.
- Our first ALL CAST rehearsal is Friday!