I just wanted to get some costume ideas out there before Easter break. I have a Pinterest board started and will continue to add to it. Here are the basic guidelines for each character type.
Here is a great ebay store to get period costumes. http://stores.ebay.com/kawvalleymercantile?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
- Farmers: Everything should be either mens or boys cuts. Long sleeve button down shirt in bright colors but no patterns, overalls and boots. Boots can be any type as long as they aren’t combat boots or anything modern looking.
- Cowboys: Everything should be either mens or boys cuts. Long sleeve button down shirt in plaids or checks. Pants that will fit over a boot. You may choose to wear suspenders or vests but you don’t have to. You may also chose to wear a cowboy hat as long as it is mens/boys. Cowboy boots.
- Female characters: Think prairie dresses right before the turn of the century. They would have wide skirts with petticoats. You can be as authentic as you like or fake it till you make it. You may choose to wear a dress or a blouse and skirt combo. You must wear stockings/tights and victorian type boots. You can find some on amazon in the $30-$40 range or try ebay.
- Laurey, Aunt Eller, Ado Annie, and Gertie: please provide your own stockings and shoes.
- Peddler: please provide your own boots.
- Dream Ballet Girls: You need to get pink ballet shoes.
Please let me know if you have any questions.